In order to improve the athlete and spectator experience, we have called for the help of volunteers otherwise known as Marathon Makers.
Marathon Makers will be helping guide and inform runners and spectators. All Marathon Makers will be located around and leading up to race village (Old Trafford E2 car park) or situated around the course at various Metrolink tram stops. There will be up to 70 marathon makers with each group of around 6-10 having their own Marathon Maker team leader. Marathon Makers can contact their team leaders if they are not able to help or if escalation is required. Marathon makers will be clearly visible and the first port of call for confused or troubled passers-by so it’s important to be as helpful and friendly as possible. Hours of Work
Sunday 10th April 2016: either- 1) 6:30am-11:30am 2) 11:00am-4:30pm Training
All Marathon Makers will be fully briefed by the Marathon Maker team leader on the morning on the marathon. All Marathon Makers will be given an event handbook which will contain key information for the event. Responsibilities
– Assist the public to the best of your ability.
– Guide spectators and participants to the desired location in the race village or course. – Update team leader with any incidents/accidents within your area.
– Assist in directing people outside the race village and provide as much information about the surrounding area as possible.
– Read and understand your manual so you can deliver exceptional customer service.
– Greet every spectator / competitor with a warm and friendly welcome and look to engage and make conversation. – Report and log any feedback and pass on to XME or your team leader. Communication and escalation
If a problem cannot be resolved, reporting to the team leader is the appropriate course of action.
To sign up please go to your VSB profile and search for ‘Marathon Maker’ and click sign me up and choose your shift. Shortly afterwards a member of the Xtra Mile Events Team will contact you with next steps.
Placement offered by Xtra Mile Events
Contact – Sue Taylor
Phone – 01619286795
Perks and volunteer incentives
Each Marathon Maker will receive an event branded jacket. A snack pack will be given too.
Please do not reply to this email.