Time to conquer the cold. The Cancer Research UK Manchester Winter Run is a 10km run taking place at the Etihad Campus. Following the inaugural London event when 15,000 people conquered the cold, 2016 is set to become even better with with polar bear hugs at the finish line, a mighty snow zone on the course as well as other wintery excitement! We really can’t deliver the event without the generous help of volunteers! There are a number of roles available on the day,so please apply today
What Skills Do You Need?
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· A willingness to work as part of a team
· Enthusiasm and a pro-active attitude
· A flexible approach
· Be physically active as some areas of this role may involve some lifting, standing, walking about etc
What Will You Be Doing?
Event roles will include:
Meet and Greet:
· We are looking for happy, friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to join our meet and greet team!
·This is a really important position as you will be the first Cancer Research UK Manchester Winter Run members of staff that our participants meet when they arrive at the Etihad Campus on event day – and the last face they see when they have finished the event and are looking to head home!
·This is a really fulfilling role as you will get to meet hundreds of our runners and have the chance to welcome them to Manchester, put a smile on their face and get them motivated for their run!
· Ideally we would like you to have a good knowledge of and how to get around so that you can advise and direct our participants on how to get to the Event Village from a tram station/car park and how to get home for example.
Helping With The Management Of The Start
· We need enthusiastic and friendly volunteers who can join our start team to motivate and inspire all of our runners before they set off on their 10k challenge.
· You will be required to communicate and help control the flow our 5,000 runners to the start line so that they start in the right place and at the right time and with a smile on their face!
Welcoming Back Runners Into The Finish Area
· We need all singing all dancing happy, cheering, loud volunteers to welcome our runners across the finish line and to congratulate them on their achievement.
· You will be adorning them with medals and making sure they get a well deserved hug from our Polar Bear Hug Squad.
Helping Out At The Baggage Drop Off
Placement offered by Cancer Research UK Manchester Winter Run
Contact – Tim Holdsworth
Phone – 07533247675
Perks and volunteer incentives
· The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the event that is helping to raise vital money for Cancer Research UK
·The opportunity to develop communication and event skills
·Experience working at the launch of this brand new central London sporting event!
·The enjoyment of meeting new people and being a part of our team
·The knowledge that you will have made a positive impact and provided invaluable support, improving the experience of participants an
Please do not reply to this email.