Title: Community Games Event Volunteer – Event Steward
Accountable to: Volunteer Co-ordinator
Hours: 09.30 – 16.30, 19 July (event is open 10.00 – 16.00. Volunteers may choose to volunteer for half a day)
Location: Sportcity (Manchester Regional Arena & Squash Centre)
Briefing Event: Sportcity (Manchester Regional Arena & Squash Centre) Friday 17th July at 6pm
Purpose of role:
To work with Community Games staff to make designated Games Area a safe and welcoming place for all Community Games activity. To engage with visitors to the event to offer an inclusive and enjoyable experience, which helps to ensure participants get the most from the Community Games.
Refreshments will be provided on the day.
Role and responsibilities:
* Provide basic information to Community Games visitors and participants
* Signpost visitors to relevant activity/facilities
* Promote participation in events by visitors to Sportcity
* Prevent unauthorised access to restricted areas by visitors.
* Be active in ensuring the health and wellbeing of all guests.
* To report any anti-social behaviour, illegal activity or perceived dangers to the Area Team
* To assist sports activity providers with stewarding their activities as required
* To assist sports activity providers in the set up and clear away of events as required.
Volunteers may express a preference for a general stewarding role or a role stewarding sports delivery in particular.
Placement offered by Manchester Community Games
Contact – Michele Saycell
Phone – 01612192569
Perks and volunteer incentives
Packed lunch & water and t-shirts will be provided to all volunteers
Please do not reply to this email.