Mancunians RL is looking for a volunteer Team Manager for its open age rugby league team. This is an opportunity to get involved with a fast-growing grass-roots rugby league club. The purpose of the role is to implement and manage team management procedures to ensure a professional game day experience.
The role would suit somebody with an interest in rugby league, sports management or development and who has typically 3-5 hours per week to spare. The position is unpaid, but the club will endeavour to support the role-holders’ CPD requirements and identify suitable courses. There may be opportunities to work with college and university teams during the winter.
1. Work with the head coach to implement team management procedures
2. To hold a full and comprehensive list of all players and their contact details and comply with the Data Protection Act
3. Conduct regular communication regarding Training and Match days with all players
4. Arrange fixtures as required and communicate and correspond with opposing teams
5. Collect and monitor payment of subscriptions on match day
6. Arrange after match refreshments, pitch hire, referee, man of match awards etc for home games
7. Act in accordance with the rules of the league and RFL
8. Act in accordance with the club’s core documents and policies at all times, with particular reference to the aims and objectives of the club, as detailed in the club’s Constitution.
Knowledge and experience:
Some knowledge of rugby league or community team sports
IT literate in WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK.
Some administrative work experience is desirable.
Skills and behaviours:
Good written and spoken communication skills
Ability to work with others and as part of a team
Strong time management and organisational skills
An interest in sports development/management
Reply with an up to date CV and a statement of why you are suitable for the role.
Placement offered by Mancunians RL
Contact – John Price
Phone – 07714201541
Location – Chorlton, Manchester
Postcode – M217TL
Start Date – 02 January 2013
End Date – 01 September 2013
Minimum age – 16
Required Qualification – None
Duties – Assisting